Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Extended Health Plan/Group number plan number varies:
- PS/GE SGEU and CUPE 600-3 or 600-5 ** Canada Life Assurance Company Plan #168850
- Out-of-Scope (Management) ** Canada Life Assurance Company Plan #168853
- Your ID number is located on your 3-in-1 drug card.
Send your EHCP health claims to:
The Canada Life Assurance Company
Attn: Regina Benefit Payment Office
PO Box 4408
Regina SK S4P 3W7
To find out if your health claims have been processed, you can call Canada directly:
Toll Free No: 1-800-957-9777
Any child or step-child is covered under the EHCP to age 21.
Children are also covered to age 26 if attending university or college full-time. Details on dependent eligibility can be found in the EHCP Booklet.
To find out if your spouse and children are enrolled in the EHCP, contact your Human Resources or Payroll Administration Branch. Those branches will be able to confirm your dependents; your type of coverage and the effective date of your coverage.
A detailed listing of eligible expenses under the EHCP is found in the EHCP booklet on the website.
Yes there is travel coverage under the EHCP. The coverage is found under - Extended Health Care Travel Benefits & 24-Hour Travel Assistance Services. See details in the plan booklets.
If you want to continue Extended Health Care coverage upon retirement – you must complete the application form (available from your Human Resources or Payroll Administration Branch).
The cost of the premiums is paid wholly by the retiree.
- Out-of-Scope (Management) Retirees ** Canada Life Assurance Company Plan #168854
- PS/GE SGEU Retirees ** Canada Life Assurance Company Plan #168851
- CUPE 600-3 or 600-5 Retirees ** Canada Life Assurance Company Plan #168852
Please refer to the Co-ordination of Benefits page to determine whether you can co-ordinate benefits with your spouse.